To provide anyone in need with a warm coat, free of charge.
That One Warm Coat will become a part of the American lifestyle; that when a coat is no longer needed, people will think of us and donate it; that donors will be warmed by the knowledge that their coats will go directly to children, women and men in need.
Our organization started in 1992 with a Thanksgiving weekend coat drive at one location in San Francisco. Since then, we have grown to a national organization supporting over 3,000 coat drives each year.
KEY FACTS AND FIGURES
What we do annually
Support over 3,000 Coat Drive Ambassadors by:
- Providing free instructions, materials, tools and resources
- Hosting and maintain a searchable database of coat drive events across North America
Assist community nonprofit agencies by:
- Listing them on our searchable database
- Assisting them in receiving needed coats
Work with business and brands to:
- Engage employees and customers in giving warmth
- Develop & support marketing goals and initiatives
What we have accomplished
We have focused on one specific need for 22 years allowing us to:
- Support more than 20,000 coat drives to date
- Expand to support coat drives held in all 50 states & 10 countries
- Collect over four million coats providing over four million people with warmth
Keep our expenses low (with average cost of .50 per coat) allowing us to:
- Use our funds efficiently with 95% of every $1 supporting our programs
- Provided over 300,000 children with new coats of their own
YOU CAN HELP