Every year, One Warm Coat partners with 1,000+ nonprofit agencies and schools to distribute gently worn and new coats across the United States. As part of our Coat Drive Program, volunteer Coat Drive Ambassadors use the Nonprofit Locator Map to find a nonprofit agency or school in their area that needs coats. Each Ambassador individually selects an organization from the map, then reaches out to them directly to deliver the coats they’ve collected.
How We Can Help
As One Warm Coat’s Nonprofit Partner, One Warm Coat provides nonprofit agencies and schools with:
- A listing on the Nonprofit Locator Map, where thousands of local volunteers look for nonprofits in their area in need of coats
- An opportunity to receive gently worn coats through one of One Warm Coat’s sponsored national coat drives
- Access to an application to receive an immediate shipment of coats through the Crisis Coat Fund
To qualify to receive coats and remain on the Nonprofit Locator Map annually, nonprofit agencies and schools must:
- Be a registered nonprofit, or school, in good standing with the IRS.
- Work directly with individuals in need.
- Acknowledges they are able to accept gently worn and new coats
- Guarantee that they will distribute the coats for free and without discrimination (Note: Coats received through One Warm Coat may not be sold.)
- Renew/update registration annually and when any changes in address or contacts are needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Coats must be given for FREE to recipients, without discrimination or obligation. Coats cannot be sold in thrift stores.
Once you complete the registration process, your agency will be listed on the Nonprofit Locator Map. One Warm Coat staff will review your application for accuracy and to ensure your organization meets the guidelines. Applications are generally accepted within 3 business days. Once approved, an email will be sent notifying you that your organization is approved.
Organizations with a budget of over $100K are asked to pay a one-time Lifetime Membership fee of $25. Organizations unable to afford this fee may request to have the fee waived.
Unfortunately, One Warm Coat is not able to guarantee your organization will receive coats each year. Because coats are delivered by volunteer Coat Drive Ambassadors, One Warm Coat cannot know in advance where coat drives will be held. You can increase your chance of receiving coats by holding your own coat drive – as a registered agency you would keep all coats you collect to distribute. One Warm Coat provides many free tools to help your organization spread the word about your need for coats in your community.
If your agency is in a crisis situation and in immediate need of coats, please let us know. We may be able to provide assistance.
If during the fall and winter collection months your organization can no longer accept coat donations, please email us and we will “hide” your agency from the Nonprofit Locator Map for the remainder of the season. Your information will be retained and will be displayed on the map again next year, as long as you complete the renewal process.
One Warm Coat asks our Ambassadors to only donate clean and wearable coats; over 95% of the coats donated meet this standard. If you receive coats that are unusable, please recycle them. If more than 25% of the coats received are unacceptable, please contact us.
In addition to your listing on the Nonprofit Locator Map, One Warm Coat will send you emails and newsletters about once a month. One Warm Coat will never sell your information to any third party or sponsor.
Please email us with any changes to your organization’s profile.