If you are unable to hold an in-person coat drive this year (for example, if you usually hold your coat drive at an office or school that is currently closed), a virtual coat drive is a great way to continue to spread warmth in your community.
During a virtual coat drive you will follow the same 6-step program, except you will only collect funds instead of coats and funds. Every $1 donated warms 1 person!
Virtual coat drives are easy to organize! Follow the 6-Step Program:
- First, register your coat drive through the traditional steps. Once you do, you’ll receive your personal coat drive page and access to promotional tools.
- When registering, be sure not to include a location for the Donate Coats Map, since you won’t be hosting an in-person drive.
- Set up your personal coat drive page with your fundraising goal. Remember, every $1 warms 1 person!
- Use the Ambassador Resources for email and social media to help you spread the word about your virtual coat drive.
- Your virtual coat drive will end with Step 5: Celebrate! (instead of Step 6, since you won’t have coats to deliver.)
Thank you for helping people in need in your community! No one should go cold in the winter.