We have provided these sample social media ideas for our registered Ambassadors holding coat drives. You can modify them to fit your drive specifics and needs. If you haven’t already registered, please learn How to Hold a Drive.
How To Use Social Media To Promote & Celebrate Your Coat Drive
- Share, post & re-post your personal coat drive page
- Use our sample social media messages to tell people why you are holding a coat drive, and how they can help
- Like/Follow OWC on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest — @onewarmcoat
- Change your Facebook/Twitter/Instagram profile pictures to the OWC logo
- Add the OWC frame to your Facebook Profile Picture
- Change your Facebook Cover photo to include details about your drive
- Fundraise for your coat drive through Facebook.
- Whatever platform you use, take pictures and videos and share them with us! Tag us @onewarmcoat, #no1cold, #igavewarmth
You will receive the link to your personal coat drive page when you register your coat drive. Use this page you to promote your coat drive details (date, location, contact info.) and track how many coats and dollars you’ve collected. Simply copy and paste the URL link into a Facebook and/or Twitter post and you can easily share it with your social network. This is a great tool for promoting your drive and keeping everyone up to date on your goals!
Sample Social Media Posts
You can personalize and share the sample social media posts below (or create your own!). Be sure to visit our graphics page, and choose a photo to accompany the posts below!
- Millions of Americans can’t afford coats for their family. I’m holding a @onewarmcoat drive on (date). Stop by with your gently worn coats. #no1cold. (Be sure to include a link your personalize coat drive page)
- A 2-degree drop in body temperature results in reduced heart rate, loss of coordination, and confusion. Help me spread warmth by donating coats to my @onewarmcoat drive on (date) at (location). #no1cold #igavewarmth (Be sure to include a link your personalize coat drive page)
- For the nearly 39 million Americans living in poverty, a warm winter coat is a budget “extra.” You can help by donating gently worn coats to my @onewarmcoat drive. #no1cold (Be sure to include a link your personalize coat drive page)
- 1 in 5 American children is living in poverty. Please donate gently worn children’s coats to my @onewarmcoat drive on (date) at (location). #no1cold #igavewarmth (Be sure to include a link your personalize coat drive page)
- Do you have coats in your closet that you no longer wear – donate them! Stop by my @onewarmcoat drive at (location) on (date) and donate your gently worn coats to a great cause! #no1cold (Be sure to include a link your personalize coat drive page)
- I’m spreading warmth in my local neighborhood by holding a @onewarmcoat drive. Ask me how you can get involved! #igavewarmth #no1cold (Be sure to include a link your personalize coat drive page)
- Today I gave the gift of warmth by donating gently worn coats from my closet. #no1cold#igavewarmth
* Your profiles must be set to public for One Warm Coat to see your tagged photos.
You can add the “Share The Warmth” frame to your current Facebook Profile picture.
There are a few ways you can add the frame:
- Click here and follow the prompts to add the frame
- While logged into Facebook, hover over your profile picture and click “Update Profile Picture”, then click “Add Frame”. In the search box, type “One Warm Coat” and the frame will display for you to add.
Create a fundraiser to raise money for One Warm Coat and/or your coat drive on Facebook. People can donate to your fundraiser in just a few clicks without leaving Facebook. An added bonus: Facebook does not charge fees on fundraisers for nonprofits!
How-to create a Facebook Fundraiser:
- Visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/onewarmcoat
- Click the “Create Fundraiser” button under our cover photo
- Facebook will provide prompts to create your fundraiser
Donations made to your Facebook Fundraiser will be credited to your personal coat drive page once we receive the funds. This generally happens within 60 days.
Tools & Resources
Join Our Mailing List
One Warm Coat is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, EIN #74-3045243. Coat and dollar donations and contributions are tax-deductible as allowed by law. 877-663-9276