One Warm Coat provides resources specifically for our Nonprofit Partners, to help raise awareness of their need for warm coats and increase the amount of coats collected and distributed each year.
If your nonprofit agency or school is in need of warm coats and hasn’t already registered with One Warm Coat, please register now.
Press releases are a great way to bring awareness to the need for warm coats in your community.
- Share the general press release to encourage your neighbors to hold coat drives with One Warm Coat and name your organization as as the beneficiary.
- Share the celebration press release to tell your community how many coats you distributed with One Warm Coat.
How To Use A Press Release
- Download the appropriate press release.
- Personalize the sections of red text with your organization’s information.
- Email, mail, or fax the completed press release to your local newspapers, TV stations, radio stations, township e-newsletter, favorite blogger – etc.
The more places you send your press release, the more likely it is to be picked-up as a story.
Spread awareness about your organization’s need for warm coats using social media! Let your community know how they can help your organization receive coats by working with One Warm Coat.
Below are sample social media posts which you can personalize to fit your organization. Be sure to follow One Warm Coat Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @onewarmcoat. Visit the Posters & Graphics page to choose an image to accompany the posts below!
- We need coats for those we serve, now, before winter arrives! Please consider holding a coat drive with @onewarmcoat and choosing <insert Your Org Name> to receive the coats. Learn more at onewarmcoat.org. #no1cold
- We are facing very cold winter months and are in need of warm coats. Please consider holding a coat drive with @onewarmcoat and choose <insert Your Org Name> as your beneficiary. #no1cold
- <insert Your Org Name> is holding a @onewarmcoat drive to benefit the people we serve. Drop off your gently worn coats <insert date range, time, location> to help us spread warmth. #no1cold
- We are excited to be working with @onewarmcoat this year to receive coats for those we serve. You can hold a coat drive to benefit us directly! onewarmcoat.org #no1cold
- So thankful for @onewarmcoat and our generous neighbors. Today we picked up/received a <truckload/amount/pile> of gently worn coats! Thank you to everyone who donated! #no1cold