Monetary donations help One Warm Coat raise awareness of the vital need for warm coats, support coat drives, provide free tools and resources to our Coat Drive Ambassadors and maintain a database of more than 1,000 nonprofit organizations across the country who are in need of coats.
Every $1 donated warms 1 person through our Coat Drive program! Combined with the coats our Ambassadors collect, imagine how much warmth we can spread!
How to Collect Funds
Fundraising is easy with your personal coat drive page!
All registered Coat Drive Ambassadors will receive a personal coat drive page for promoting their coat drive and collecting coat and dollar donations. Ambassadors can easily share their personal page through email and social media to encourage family, friends, neighbors and colleagues to donate coats and dollars. Every monetary donation made to an Ambassador’s personal coat drive page will automatically be credited to their coat drive. Ambassadors are able to quickly and easily check their page to see their donation totals.
It’s easy to collect donations during coat drives. We encourage our Ambassadors to set coat and dollar goals on their thermometer. During their drive, they can mark all donations on their thermometer to show each donor’s impact!
During your drive, remember:
- Small donations go a long way!
- Ambassadors can accept donations of any size (cash or checks) and return them to One Warm Coat.
- NOTE: We ask our Ambassadors to refrain from mailing cash; rather we ask you to write a check for the amount of the cash, or obtain a cashier’s check from a bank or grocery store.
Tracking donations to each coat drive is easier than ever before! Registered Coat Drive Ambassadors can check their total donations anytime on their personal coat drive page.
For best tracking results, please ask your donors to:
- Donate through your personal coat drive page
- Write your name in the memo of their check
Looking for fun ways to raise money during your coat drive? Consider the following ideas:
- Hold a bowl-a-thon at your local bowling alley.
- Host a party for your neighbors and friends, encourage everyone to donate a coat or bring a monetary donation (remember every $1 donated warms 1 person!).
- Partner with a local retail store to host a fashion show, with all proceeds going to your coat drive.
- If you own a Business, you can ask your customers to donate at check-out using our Point of Sale program.
- Fundraise for your coat drive on Facebook.
- Use statistics from our Need page to encourage your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers to donate.
Hold A Virtual Coat Drive!
Holding a virtual coat drive is an easy way to spread warmth if you aren’t able to physically hold a drive.
- Register online as an Individual Drive
- You will receive a personal coat drive page where you can collect funds for your Virtual Coat Drive
- Follow Steps 3-5 of our 6 Step Program!
*Note: If you would like to hold a Virtual Coat Drive as a Business, Employer or large group – please contact Patti Zappa for more information.
Tools & Resources
Join Our Mailing List
One Warm Coat is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, EIN #74-3045243. Coat and dollar donations and contributions are tax-deductible as allowed by law. 877-663-9276