Monetary donations help One Warm Coat raise awareness of the vital need for warm coats, support coat drives, send coat drive kits, and provide free tools and resources to our Coat Drive Ambassadors.
Every $5 donated will warm 10 people by supporting our Coat Drive program. Combined with the coats our Ambassadors collect, imagine how much warmth we can spread!
How to Collect Funds
Fundraising is easy with your personal coat drive page and donation box!
All registered Coat Drive Ambassadors will receive a personal coat drive website for promoting their coat drive and collecting coat and dollar donations. Ambassadors can easily share their personal website through email and social media to encourage family, friends and colleagues to donate coats and dollars. Every monetary donation made on an Ambassador’s personal coat drive page will automatically be credited to their coat drive. Ambassadors are able to quickly and easily check their page to see their donation totals.
It’s easy to collect donations during coat drives. All registered Coat Drive Ambassadors will receive a donation box in their Coat Dive Kit. Display the box during your coat drive to increase your impact!
- Small donations go a long way!
- You can accept donations of any size (cash or checks) and return them in your donation envelope.
- NOTE: Please do not mail cash; either write a check for the amount of the cash, or ask your bank for a cashier’s check.
- Please ask your donors to write your coat drive number in the memo of their check so we can credit their donation to your coat drive.
Tracking donations to each coat drive is easier than ever before! Registered Coat Drive Ambassadors can check their total donations anytime on their personal coat drive page.
For best tracking results, please ask your donors to:
- Donate through your personal coat drive page
- Write your coat drive number in the memo of their check
- Type your coat drive number on our giving page onewarmcoat.org/donate
Looking for fun ways to raise money during your coat drive? Consider the following ideas:
- Hold a bowl-a-thon at your local bowling alley.
- Host a party for your neighbors and friends, encourage everyone to donate a coat or bring a monetary donation (remember every $5 warms 10 people!).
- Partner with a local retail store to host a fashion show, with all proceeds going to your coat drive.
- If you own a Business, you can ask your customers to donate at check-out using our Point of Sale program.
Remember, if someone doesn’t have cash to donate they can simply text COAT to 80100 to donate $5!
*Standard Message & Data Rates May Apply.
Hold A Virtual Coat Drive!
Holding a virtual coat drive is an easy way to spread warmth if you aren’t able to physically hold a drive.
- Register online as an Individual Drive.
- Check the option to not receive a Coat Drive Kit – since your drive will be virtual, our online Tools & Resources will be a better option for you.
- Note in the comments section that you are holding a Virtual Coat Drive.
- You will receive a personal coat drive webpage where you can collect funds for your Virtual Coat Drive.
- Follow Steps 3-5 of our 6 Step Program!
*Note: If you would like to hold a Virtual Coat Drive as a Business, Employer or large group – please contact Patti Zappa for more information.