The Agency Tools & Resources page is designed to help agencies raise awareness of their need for warm coats and increase the
We have provided the Agency Tools & Resources for our registered nonprofit agencies. If you are in need of warm coats and haven’t already registered, please register now.
The Agency Press Release is a great way to bring awareness to the need for warm coats in your community. Sharing the press release will encourage your neighbors to hold coat drives and name you as the beneficiary.
- There are three Press Releases below, a general release for any time of year and a February release tailored to the end of winter messaging.
- Download the appropriate press release.
- Personalize the sections of red text with your agency’s information.
- Email, mail, or fax the completed press release to your local newspapers, TV stations, radio stations, township e-newsletter, favorite blogger – etc.
The more places you send your press release, the more likely it is to be picked-up as a story. Press releases are a great way to spread the word about the need for coats in your local community and help you receive even more coats.
You can spread awareness about your need for warm coats and let your community know how they can help you receive more coats by posting on social media.
Sample Social Media Posts for Agencies
Here are a few sample social media posts which you can personalize to fit your organization. One Warm Coat has accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @onewarmcoat. Visit our graphics page, and choose a photo to accompany the posts below!
- We need coats for those we serve, now, before winter arrives! Please consider holding a coat drive for us with the help of our partners @onewarmcoat. Learn more at onewarmcoat.org/holdacoatdrive #no1cold
- We are facing very cold winter months and are in need of warm coats. Please consider holding a coat drive with our partners @onewarmcoat and choose [insert your agency’s name] as your beneficiary: onewarmcoat.org/holdacoatdrive #no1cold
- [Insert your agency’s name] is holding a @onewarmcoat drive to benefit the people we serve. Drop off your gently worn coats <insert date range, time, location> to help us spread warmth. #no1cold
- We are excited to be working with @onewarmcoat this year to receive coats for those we serve. You can hold a coat drive to benefit us directly! onewarmcoat.org #no1cold
- So thankful for @onewarmcoat and our generous neighbors. Today we picked up/received a (truckload/amount/pile) of gently worn coats! Thank you to everyone who donated! #no1cold
* Your profiles must be set to public for One Warm Coat to see your tagged photos.