Let’s celebrate 25 years by warming 1 million people! Social media is a great tool for spreading the word about your coat drive and a fun way to thank you donors during your drive. Check out the tools below and don’t forgot to like/follow One Warm Coat and tag us in your posts @onewarmcoat!
We have provided these sample social media ideas for our registered Ambassadors holding coat drives. You can modify them to fit your drive specifics and needs. If you haven’t already registered, please learn How to Hold a Drive.
How To Use Social Media To Promote & Celebrate Your Coat Drive
- Share, post & re-post your personal coat drive page
- Use our sample social media messages to tell people why you are holding a coat drive, and how they can help
- Like/Follow OWC on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest — @onewarmcoat
- Change your Facebook/Twitter/Instagram profile pictures to the OWC logo
- Change your Facebook Cover photo to include details about your drive
- Whatever platform you use, take pictures and videos and share them with us! Tag us @onewarmcoat, #warmamillion, #igavewarmth – or email email@example.com
We are loving this year’s newest feature, the personal coat drive page! You will receive the link to your page when you register your coat drive. On this page you can promote your coat drive details (date, location, contact info.) and you can track how many coats and dollars you’ve collected. Simply copy and paste the URL link into a Facebook and/or Twitter post and you can easily share it with your social network. This is a great tool for promoting your drive and keeping everyone up to date on your goals.
Sample Social Media Posts
You can personalize and share the sample social media posts below (or create your own!). Be sure to visit our graphics page, and choose a photo to accompany the posts below!
- Millions of Americans can’t afford coats for their family. I’m holding a @onewarmcoat Drive on (date). Stop by with your gently worn coats and help me #warmamillion.
- A 2-degree drop in body temperature results in reduced heart rate, loss of coordination, and confusion. Help me spread warmth by donating coats to my @onewarmcoat drive on (date) at (location). #warmamillion #igavewarmth
- For the nearly 15% of Americans living in poverty, a warm winter coat is a budget “extra.” You can help by donating gently used coats to my @onewarmcoat drive. #igavewarmth
- One in five children is living in poverty. Please donate gently used children’s coats to my @onewarmcoat drive on (date) at (location). #warmamillion #igavewarmth
- Do you have lots of old coats in your closet – donate them! Stop by my @onewarmcoat drive at (location) on (date) and donate your gently worn coats to a great cause! #warmamillion
- I’m spreading warmth in my local neighborhood by holding a @onewarmcoat drive. Ask me how you can get involved! #igavewarmth #warmamillion
- Today I gave the gift of warmth by donating gently worn coats from my closet. #igavewarmth #warmamillion
* Your profiles must be set to public for One Warm Coat to see your tagged photos.